Search This Blog

Monday, October 28, 2013

a brief interlude

I will write and publish "part the second" at some point but meanwhile I want to explain the private joke in part the first *and* brighten your Monday with pictures of a hot guy. Because, y'know, full service blog n' all. Okay, if you are one of my hetero male or gay female readers, maybe pictures of a hot guy aren't going to make your Monday any sunnier. Semi full service blog. God.

Mikey Lowell.  Who is Mikey Lowell? Well, he's the former Red Sox third baseman known to the rest of the world as Mike Lowell.  And though I always think of, and refer to him, as Cuban, the unimpeachable sorce of all knowledge which is wikipedia informs me that though his parents were from Cuba, Mr Lowell himself was born in Puerto Rico and has always considered himself as Puerto Rican. That's me told, then.

A few years ago, a friend of mine was discussing some new seats the Red Sox were putting in on the third base side of the park and the exorbitant price they were going to charge for said seats.  Being me, I said, "Pffft. I would only pay that for baseball tickets if they included Mike Lowell performing cunnilingus on me in-between innings" and a private joke was born. Let me make clear, before that conversation I had no particular sexual fantasies about Mr Lowell. He was one of my favorite Sox players and a good-looking gentleman, but he only got drawn into my little sex joke because those seats were on the third base side and so was he.  (Imagine if the seats had been in right field. I could have made that joke about J.D. "Nancy" Drew. It's too horrible to contemplate.)  As time went on, however, and the joking reference was perpetuated amongst certain of my friends,  I indeed started thinking of Mikey with lustful intent and he became one of my celebrity boyfriends.  (Oh, hush. You know you have a list of celebs you would do, no questions asked, if the chance arose.) I also started calling him Mikey for reasons that are unclear. Lulz.

Anyway, here are some pictures so you can see what we're dealing with here.


Smirking.


Bro hug of happiness.


Holding a trophy.


Glamor shot.


Admit it, you'd do him.


Oh, alright, here's his beautiful wife. Fine.

And just to prove that some things improve with age like fine wine:


Young Mikey Lowell was kinda geeky looking. He needed the salt-and-pepper goatee to fully come into his shmexiness.  (Hetero male readers, is that cheering YOU up? Ahem.)

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. He smirks exceptionally well. This is probably helpful in baseball, what with umpires and all that.

    Mary Anne in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Co-signed. You probably don't win a World Series MVP if your smirking skills are subpar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, even your gay female fanbase has to admit he is HOT. Not that he will usurp Rachel Maddow from the top of my celebrity list, but in the unlikely event he ever lusts after butch middle aged wrinkly semi-employed health bloggers, just for something diffferent, I believe I could invoke the time-honored Celebrity Exception and get a free pass from my wife. Thanks for alerting me. Will even consider shaving my legs sometime this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the smirk. Pretty sure Rachel has a world-class one too.

    ReplyDelete