Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2013

oh, look! a post!

I know, I know.  Content has been sparse, but your blog hostess has been having a very busy, stressful month.  

Being as how I love you all and want to keep entertaining you but am too braindead to actually, y'know, write anything intelligent or amusing, I thought I would post up a little pictorial evidence of how lifting ze weights changes ze body.  I have a set of pictures of me in the same dress and shoes, taken in front of the same wall, three years in a row.  They're interesting, I think.   


2011, approximately 113 lbs, just starting bulk #1:



2012, also approximately 113 lbs, in the middle of a cut, post (aborted) bulk #2:



2013, approximately 118, during bulk #4:



Obviously the dress fits me best in the 2012 photo.  But I'm kinda thinking I like the current version of my body, with the extra weight on, a bit better.  Maybe.  In any case, please just note my ass is two inches higher than it used to be.  They don't call it squat booty for no reason.  (Take that, gravity!)  I wish I had a comparable set of pictures that showed my shoulder/trap evolution, because that's pretty dramatic as well.

I highly recommend doing this experiment if you're training even in the slightest way for aesthetics.  Take some pictures in the same clothes, in the same place, in the same pose, six months or more months apart.  You will see differences and changes that you might not appreciate in the mirror.  Try it!

xoxo


1 comment:

  1. YAY for the new post Andrea! I am very sorry though, that you've had a tough month and I hope things have or are in the process of resolving to your satisfaction.
    A butt that's Northbound is probably worth its weight in carame ahh I mean GOLD. Yes, I am sure I mean gold. I wonder if a flat ass can perform that trick...

    ReplyDelete